Friday 3 August 2012

Writing and me

I used to write articles and short stories for my school magazine. But this writing passion faded away during my college days. Writing had always been a passion of mine. During a school reunion I met an old friend who works with rediff . This friend requested me to write an article for their site. I grabbed that opportunity as a stepping stone to un-leash my hobby for writing . Initially I was quite nervous and apprehensive about the feed-back .However to my surprise my article was liked by online readers and I was paid RS.250. It was my first writing amount. My friend discussed with me the various online op-portunities which existed for writers. I had not, up until this time, considered writing as a means to make money, since I had always just written for leisure. However, the idea of earning something from your spare time and from the comfort of your own home really excited me.
Then I thought ,I should take writing as my part-time profession. So, I gave it a go and I started looking for online writing jobs.
During my online hunt for jobs I came across various article directories, and I found that before bidding for online writing projects I can first submit my articles here. As these articles would help my future buyers to review my work before they would hire me. I decided to begin advertising my services through these free-lance article directories and writer-for-hire sites. This worked out very well for me and I soon had a flow of steady income doing something which I enjoyed im-mensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment